1. Anthem Church is a thriving church located in the Chicagoland area of Hammond, IN. Our Vision is to See Cities Transformed by The Kingdom of God. Our mission is to lead people to know Christ & Make Him known.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the day-to-day office needs and administrative support of Lead Pastors. This includes handling of incoming and outgoing mail and packages, managing the correspondence and schedules for the Lead Pastors, and overall management of the operation of the church office. This part-time position supports the Lead Pastor but reports directly to the Administrative Director.
Essential Job Functions
1. Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf.
2. Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records.
3. Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary.
4. Answer incoming calls on the office operator line and direct calls as necessary.
5. Welcoming guests and identifying the purpose of their visit before directing them to the appropriate area.
6. Managing the Lead Pastors’ calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
7. Managing the Lead Pastors’ direct messages and emails in the appropriate way that reflects them.
8. Function as “go to” person for all matters pertaining to the smooth operation of the church office (reordering of office supplies, copier machine use and repair, coordination of office resource scheduling, ensuring the office is clean and orderly, etc.).
9. Manage and respond to operator voicemails as needed to ensure callers receive a timely response and/or issues are addressed in a timely manner.
10. Manage shipping and receiving of packages and distribute regular mail.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrative Director, Executive Pastor, or Lead Pastor.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of .5 to 3 year’s experience as an office administrator in a church or business environment. The successful individual will also possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel), church database, and other related applications.